Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnect my alternate apple ID

I was wondering if I could disconnect my alternate Apple ID or at least change it so that I could allow a different Apple ID which I use to use it.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Apple ID-OTHER

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:10 AM

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here with this request (disconnect from what?), but I'll guess at your question...

Most OS X users will have one and variously two Apple IDs; one for most stuff that's been purchased and downloaded and registered, the second usually for iCloud.

It is quite possible to get your Apple context scattered among the two or even more Apple IDs, and there's no good way to resolve that short of repurchasing or redownloading, or (for instance) deleting your iCloud usage.

There's unfortunately no way available to combine or repartition or consolidate multiple Apple IDs into fewer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2013 11:10 AM in response to Jerry0168

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here with this request (disconnect from what?), but I'll guess at your question...

Most OS X users will have one and variously two Apple IDs; one for most stuff that's been purchased and downloaded and registered, the second usually for iCloud.

It is quite possible to get your Apple context scattered among the two or even more Apple IDs, and there's no good way to resolve that short of repurchasing or redownloading, or (for instance) deleting your iCloud usage.

There's unfortunately no way available to combine or repartition or consolidate multiple Apple IDs into fewer.

Disconnect my alternate apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.