Skip navigation

How can I create a time zone neutral calendar?

97 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 9:07 AM by promohthree RSS
promohthree Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 9, 2013 9:07 AM

Hi folks,

I have a particular problem that's been bugging me lately: my calendar is all screwed up.  I live in the Central Time Zone, but often travel back to the Eastern Time Zone.  The problem I have is pretty simple: when I schedule things in my calendar, I schedule them for the time I need to be there.

The most recent example: while on the road, I had a referral finally come through.  So I made the appointment when I received the call, and the appointment was obviously back home.  I entered it for 10 am, but when I traveled back home, my calendar displayed it as 9 am.  I caught it this time, but that was a first.

Maybe this is a helpful feature for others, but I find that I never need it.  I am always scheduling things for local time.  I can't even imagine a scenario where I'd need a feature like this -- I'm sure they exist, but not for me.

I can't tell if this is an iOS feature, a Google Calendar feature (I sync my Google Calendar with Calendar.app on iOS, although I pretty much add and edit appointments on iOS) or a conflict created between the two.

If anyone has ideas on how to handle this, I'd appreciate it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.