Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My app is asking for X11

My hard drive crashed and had to be replaced. One of my computer applications that I had to look for and re-install was "Bible-Explorer 4". I found it and downloaded the software but when I go to open it i get a screen that says X11 cannot be found. I have Mac OS X version 10.6.8... when I look up X11 all I find are updates that support 10.7 and nothing older. I saw something about downloading Quartz and tried that but my Application still will not open... please help! I don't know what to do and have lost many Bible, Commentaries, and other study tools that I need.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:01 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2013 8:22 PM in response to amennmissions

X11 is installed when the system software is installed. Not sure if it can be installed separately. It should be in your Applications > Utilities folder. Why a Bible Explorer would need that I have no idea.

A basic Google search for X11 returns the following site.

Without reinstalling your system software again (and losing anything not backed up) I found this site to grab a copy - but I cannot claim if it is a decent site or not.

http://apple-x11.en.softonic.com/mac

My app is asking for X11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.