Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3gs front completely shattered?

The other day I fell and while I was writing on the ground in pain I grabbed my phone to call someone for help and the screen was completely shattered and the case was snapped. I'm not totally sure if I just dropped the phone when I fell and then landed on it or what. But anyways, something must have happened on the inside of the phone too because it only lights up white. It still dings when I get texts and such, and when I can manange to drag my finger along the bottom of the screen without cutting myself, it makes the unlocking sound, but the screen is just white.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and what my options are. Since the screen won't light up I'm thinking it will need to be replaced rather than repaired? I'm still under warranty but I know it doesn't cover accidental damage. Will I have any sympathy at the Apple store or on the phone with them? Perphaps because the 3gs can't be too expensive now can it? I literally got it for $.01 in March.

Ugh I'm so lost! Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! I'm with AT & T btw.

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2013 10:32 AM in response to sheofthesea

Apple does not repair iPhones, but will replace the entire iPhone for a flat fee; see the Repair Pricing section here:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/

There are independent iPhone repair services that may be able to replace the screen for less. Do a web search for "iPhone repair". Note, though, that if you elect to have the iPhone serviced by an unauthorized shop, all further support from Apple will be voided.

Regards.

Iphone 3gs front completely shattered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.