- quit iMovie
- restart the computer (IMPORTANT)
- when finder is displayed beside the apple, you should also see the word "go" in the top menu. Click on the word "go" to expose the drop down. When it displays, hold down the "option key" on your keyboard, and you should see a "library" appear right under "home". Select the library. Open the "preferences" folder
- drag the following to trash
- go back one screen, and open up the "caches" folder
- drag the following to trash:
- launch iMovie
- post your results
Does this occure in a new user account? This issue is either going to be project specific, or application specific or user specific.
To test, create a new user - click the apple / system preferences / users and groups - click the lock icon in the bottom left to unlock it, then click the + sign to creat a new user. Ensure the new user is "administrative", and call it "test" with the password "test". Once created, click the apple, and log out, then log into the test user.
Once on the test user, go to
- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1425. and download a test movie file.
Launch iMovie, and import this test movie from the downloads folder. Does the issue persists here?