Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesn't Apple SU know which Apple programs are on my MacBook Pro?

Apple Software Update keeps asking me to update Apple Remote Desktop. I don't have and don't use this application. Is there a way to prevent Apple Software Update from asking if I want to update software that it not on my computer?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 1:39 PM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2013 1:49 PM in response to David Gelfand

Same issue here with different application downloaded and installed from App Store though. It's really annoying. The only solution I found is actually install that dam'n app and update it, which is Trillian if it does matter. I searched the whole hard drive for any mention of Trillian in content and deleted all of them, didn't help. So any advice on this issue would be of much appreciation.

Thanks.

Jan 9, 2013 4:09 PM in response to David Gelfand

You can ignore the update; that's a feature available within the Software Update screen. Select the update, and use the Update > Ignore Update item in the Software Update menus.

As for the ARD client and related, AFAIK that's also associated with the screen sharing tool that's available via Finder, and (even if you're not using ARD) quite handy when you have more than one Mac around. In the left column of Finder, select the target system and (if the target system has enabled Screen Sharing in the Sharing preference panel of System Preferences) select Share Screen button. I've long ago pinned the Screen Sharing tool into the dock. It's a useful tool. FWIW.

Deleting pieces of OS X is not something I'd recommend.

Doesn't Apple SU know which Apple programs are on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.