Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 charging best practices - please help!

Hi,

I've been using the iphone 5 now for a few weeks and I'm wondering what are best practices for charging my phone? I don't mean initially when you first get the phone. I mean afterwards during your daily use. Is it better to use the phone until it gets down to say 20% and then only charge it up to 80 or 85% before removing the phone from the charger? Or should you always charge it back to 100%? In other words, what method will preserve the life of the battery more? Which one will do more damage to the battery? Thanks for your help!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2013 2:42 PM in response to abe141

Again, I don't mean when you first get the phone out of the box. I mean weeks later after the phone has been conditioned. What are charging best practices? I've already heard about the whole discharge fully and then charge to 100% once a month. But is it best in the future to charge the phone when I'm down to around say 20-25% and then charge to 80-85%? Or do I really need to charge it all the way back up to 100%? Which method preserves the battery life better? Sorry for asking. Thanks.

iPhone 5 charging best practices - please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.