Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Aperture software

I have been advised to update my aperture software from 3.2.2 to 3.4.3. Not having a clue, how does this affect my projects in the old version?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 4:00 PM

Well, it shouldn't really affect them. Note your library will be upgraded as part of the software upgrade, to a format which is incompatible with older versions of Aperture. So you'll need to update all your copies of Aperture if you have more than one computer.

Also, HAVE AN UP TO DATE BACKUP before you do this. A Time Machine backup AND an up-to-date vault would be good.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2013 4:00 PM in response to robinfromtorquay

Well, it shouldn't really affect them. Note your library will be upgraded as part of the software upgrade, to a format which is incompatible with older versions of Aperture. So you'll need to update all your copies of Aperture if you have more than one computer.

Also, HAVE AN UP TO DATE BACKUP before you do this. A Time Machine backup AND an up-to-date vault would be good.

Updating Aperture software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.