Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Visualizer Resolution

Is there a way to change the resolution that the visualizer uses in full screen mode? It looks really crappy right now - i keep it set to large display instead of fullscreen because of the resolution change...

iMac 2.0GHz Intel, 2GB, 500GB, 256VRAM, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 4, 2006 4:01 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2006 11:39 PM in response to Phlac

Phlac, I know precisely what you are referring to. I have Mac mini's that drive plasma displays as media servers and had to solve this problem awhile ago. The change in resolution makes the plasma image look particularly bad.

I use a product called, "SwitchRes X" at http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/indexSRX.shtml

The only problem is that the function you're wanting doesn't yet work with Intel Mac's. Yes the SwitchRes X app itself is Universal Binary (UB), but it depends on the Application Enhancer (once called APE) which is not out in UB yet. If, as it appears, you are trying to solve this problem on an Intel Mac, then you will need to wait a bit...

And yes, I'm sorry it costs money. And if you can figure out how to do it for free, then let me know.

🙂

Change Visualizer Resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.