- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access5
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
Thanks Niel, alyk & roaminggnome!
I was hoping this wasn't the case since my cell provider has just offered me a sweet deal on a new iPhone...
This is really infuriating... I've been a loyal Apple customer since 1987 and now, if I want to get a new Apple phone, (since I'm getting really tired of dying apps on my iOS4.1) I either have to dump a load of cash to update all of my software on my iMac and so I can update my OS, or I have to buy a dumb 'ol DOS-Box 'cos even their old systems (Vista -- really???) can sync a new Apple phone.
GRRRRRRRRR!!! I might just have to get a Samsung Android instead... I wonder if Apple has thought of that?