Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Boot Camp NO SOUND

Hello - Just got Windows 7 Pro 64 running via Boot Camp v.5 on my 2009 MacBook Pro 17 inch. However, when I boot Windows I am not getting any audio playback through my USB interface or by plugging direcly into my headphone jack (also there is a little red light glowing in my headphone jack).I've scoured the googles endlessly to find a potential solution with no luck.

Can someone kindly tell me if I need to make a driver CD from my Mac OS environment and bring it over or provide an updated link to the needed drivers? (multiple downloads I've done have not worked)..

Ps., have not had luck with the Cirrus and RealTek driver downloads..

Thanks in adavance..

OS X 10.8.2

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with the Boot Camps

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), sound, audio, windows 7, boot camp

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:43 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You have to download the drivers. To download them, press X key while your Mac is starting to start into Mac OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the steps to download them. You will have to burn them onto a DVD or USB drive, so you will be able to install the drivers on Windows. Then, it should work fine.

If you can't download them in Boot Camp Assistant, download the drivers from this website > http://www.cafe-encounter.net/p682/download-bootcamp-drivers The links are from Apple and that's safe to download and install

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2013 9:43 PM in response to dannyleb

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You have to download the drivers. To download them, press X key while your Mac is starting to start into Mac OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the steps to download them. You will have to burn them onto a DVD or USB drive, so you will be able to install the drivers on Windows. Then, it should work fine.

If you can't download them in Boot Camp Assistant, download the drivers from this website > http://www.cafe-encounter.net/p682/download-bootcamp-drivers The links are from Apple and that's safe to download and install

Windows 7 Boot Camp NO SOUND

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.