Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeking advice for a wookiee video person...

I'm shooting alot of videos lately. Typically - they just sit in a folder when I transfer via usb to my dell laptop (sorry I don't have a Macbook pro quite yet!).

I know there is Windows Movie Maker and some other "free" junk out there.

I see Camtasia looks pretty fabulous - but I think all I need is something simple to basicaly do minor editing and then compressing and prepping to share via the internet in various ways with family and friends.

Would QuickTime Pro give me all I need or should l look at buying both QuickTime Pro AND Compressor 4?

(Assuming these are both available for Windows 7).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Murphy

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Compressor is Mac only

QT Pro will only act as a cut editor so hardly the application for you, there is no transitions, titles sound mixing or effects.

Adobe Premier Elementsis fantastic value for money for Windows machines if you plan to do decent hobbyist editing. Look at the website here:

Adobe Premiere Elements

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2013 4:01 AM in response to MisterQuint

Compressor is Mac only

QT Pro will only act as a cut editor so hardly the application for you, there is no transitions, titles sound mixing or effects.

Adobe Premier Elementsis fantastic value for money for Windows machines if you plan to do decent hobbyist editing. Look at the website here:

Adobe Premiere Elements

Seeking advice for a wookiee video person...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.