Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 via Bootcamp Brightness Problem, Buttons working.

I've installed windows 8 via bootcamp on my 2011 mbp and installed the drivers from apple. But the brightness(backlight off my screen can't go to full, except the first seconds when booting into windows. When is push the function keys the brightness doesn't go higher. Because the windows brightness menu says that the screen is at full brightness. When I lower the brightness (In the menu or with the buttons) the screen goes completly black when the bar says that the brightness is at a quater. Does anyone have any solutions? If you guys need screenshot I can provide. Thnx in advance!

MacBook Pro, Other OS, Late 2011 MBP

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:03 AM

8 replies

Oct 21, 2013 3:33 PM in response to Cabooze

I have been having the issue of no brighness control when running windows through bootcamp for about 6 months now and have not found any applicable solution online.

While messing around trying to figure it out yet again I noticed that my monitor driver was signed by team viewer...

Sure enough clicking the roll driver back button resolved the issue by rolling the driver back to the Microsoft driver...

So long story short:

Right click "My Computer" click properties

Click device manager (lop left of window)

Expand Monitors section

Double Click monitor

Click driver tab

If the driver here is not signed by Microsot or Apple click the roll back button. My driver version is 6.1.7600.16385 (Driver date 6/21/2006)

Rolling this back instantly resolved my issue. I will now propagate this post to all the threads I saw regarding this issue.

I am running windows 7 x64 Ulti on a 15" rMBP.

Best of luck

Windows 8 via Bootcamp Brightness Problem, Buttons working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.