Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode Build and Run window doesn't show anything i done in .xib even a Label?

I am new to xcode ,try to learn programing ,i try to build a simple Mac program ,i drag a label icon to .xib user interface and SAVE then RUN ,in the window it won't show anything ? anyone can help ? thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:45 AM

6 replies

Jan 10, 2013 11:58 AM in response to zhifromsouthampton

If you want someone to help, you need to provide more information. What version of Xcode are you using? What type of Xcode project did you create: Cocoa Application, Document-Based Cocoa Application, Core Data Application?

When you say "it won't show anything" do you mean the application displays a blank window and doesn't show the label you added? Or do you mean no window shows up? If no window shows up, when you build and run the project, an icon for the application you created appears on the Dock. Click the icon and you should be able to see the window.

I created a Cocoa Application project (not document-based, no Core Data) in Xcode 4.5, added a label to the window in the xib file, and the label showed in the window when I ran the project.

Jan 10, 2013 7:52 PM in response to zhifromsouthampton

The NewTry window looks like the window that opened when you ran the app not the window in the builder, right?

You need to open thre app window in the builder. To do this you need to select the app cube window icon in the column to the left of the builder window.

Select the solid blue cube window icon that says NewTry App Delegate like this

User uploaded file

(note the name of the cube window icon will reflect the app name which is why the above says Test App App Delegate)

Once you have that window open in the builder then you can drag ui elements into it and they will appear when you build and run the app.

Of course getting them to do something is another issue entirely!

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - its not the blue cube but the window icon above it.

Xcode Build and Run window doesn't show anything i done in .xib even a Label?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.