Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Direct X Acceleration (etc...) not available.

First, here is the basic information about my 2009 MacBook Pro:
OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

--

I have used boot camp to create a Windows Partition on my Mac and have installed Windows 7. The main reason I did so was for gaming purposes. When running Windows, when I attempt to run a game (Arma II), I get an error regarding my Display Adapter. Using Device Manager I made sure that the Display Adapter software had been updated, so I'm not sure that's the issue. The main problem is that Direct X Acceleration and Direct X 3D are "Not Available." I'm trying to find some way to enable the Direct X components and I'm not sure what to do. Is this a problem with the graphics card?

Also, I still have roughly 200 free GB on my Windows partition, in case anyone was wondering.

I'm really keen on running games on my Mac as opposed to purchasing a separate PC and if anyone could help me with this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:01 AM

1 reply

Direct X Acceleration (etc...) not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.