Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iTunes, how to manage apps???

After downloading the new iTunes I got confused. There are some apps that I don't use temporary, I wanted to remove them from phone but still keep them in the library, but there's no option for managing the apps, how am I supposed to do that? Plus, when I reate a new playlist in iTunes it doesn't show it afterwards in my phone.

iPhone 4 (8GB), Windows XP

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2017 1:32 PM

This is a 4 year old thread. Back then Apps could be managed in iTunes.

With iTunes 12.7 the App management section of iTunes was removed. There is no way to manage apps from within iTunes any more.

Read here for specifics:

Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support

If you wish to give Apple feedback about the lack of app management in iTunes 12.7 you can do so at:

Feedback - iTunes - Apple

https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2017 1:32 PM in response to njaimo

This is a 4 year old thread. Back then Apps could be managed in iTunes.

With iTunes 12.7 the App management section of iTunes was removed. There is no way to manage apps from within iTunes any more.

Read here for specifics:

Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support

If you wish to give Apple feedback about the lack of app management in iTunes 12.7 you can do so at:

Feedback - iTunes - Apple

https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Sep 16, 2017 1:34 PM in response to Steve Taylor1

Sorry, none of this works. These instructions do not reveal any icon to reveal/hide the app menu in the side bar of iTunes. Since all the other purchases (movies, TV, podcasts, books, etc.) remain there, I fail to see the utility of removing this feature. What harm did it do? And yes, I would like to update my device apps in the iTunes interface before my devices. No apparent way of doing this, accessing it, or even knowing what apps I have purchased.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oct 2, 2017 1:26 PM in response to turingtest2

...sorry, there is no new device icon on top-right of iTunes window, it is on the top left where it has always been. Also, when clicking on this the menu items for the device do not show an "apps" category. How can I see all my apps ? ..both those loaded into my particular devices, and those that I kept in iTunes but not loaded in any device ?

Currently there is no way I can manage apps on my devices ! ...VERY frustrating Apple !

Jan 10, 2013 4:16 AM in response to SylviiNorway

When you connect your device it should appear as an icon near the top right of the iTunes window. Click on this to show the device contents. The music tab will let you select playlists to sync to the device. The apps tab will let you untick apps you want to remove.

You can also restore much of the look & feel of the previous version with these shortcuts:

• Ctrl-B to show/hide the menu bar.
  • Ctrl-S to show/hide the sidebar.
  • Ctrl-/ to show/hide the status bar.
  • Click the magnifying glass top right and untick Search Entire Library for the old search behaviour.

tt2

new iTunes, how to manage apps???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.