Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable location based reminders in my 3rd Generation iPad?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 6:27 AM

6 replies

Jan 10, 2013 7:04 AM in response to crevatis

Directly from the iPAD user guide (iOS 6.0.1):

~~~~~~~

Add a location alert: While entering a reminder, tap , then turn on "Remind Me At a Location.To use a different location, tap your current location. Locations in the list include addresses from your personal info card in Contacts, such as the home and work addresses you’ve added. To use a different address, tap Enter an Address.

Note:

Location reminders are only available on new iPad Wi-Fi + cellular models. You cannot set locations for reminders in Microsoft Exchange and Outlook accounts.

~~~~~~~

Not entirely clear as to what "new iPad" means, but could mean it is limited to the iPad with Retina Display.

Jan 10, 2013 7:13 AM in response to varjak paw

I'm sorry to hear that. This feature was promoted in iOS 6 long before the 4th Generation iPad was available. There was no mention of this limitation then. I won't dare buy any more Apple hardware to risk it being outdated in a few months. It makes to sense that my iPhone 4 with less capable hardware can use this, but a iPad with newer hardware cannot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.