Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone backup problems

Just got an iphone 5, backed up my iphone 4S last night through icloud (said it would take 26 hours) so this morning it completed and I have NONE of my music and only my free apps, not the ones I paid for. It looks like it's not even backing up because I also just downloaded a free app from itunes on my computer just prior to the back up as an experiment, and it is also not on my 4S. It looks like the backup is just all the apps from my last back up many months ago. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!?!!?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 7:39 AM

If you backed up to iCloud, but then activated or synced from your computer you restored the last backup made on your computer, whenever that was. You can restore the iCloud backup you made by (on the phone) going to Settings/General/Reset - Erase all content and settings. You will then be prompted to restore your iCloud backup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2013 7:39 AM in response to drewwine

If you backed up to iCloud, but then activated or synced from your computer you restored the last backup made on your computer, whenever that was. You can restore the iCloud backup you made by (on the phone) going to Settings/General/Reset - Erase all content and settings. You will then be prompted to restore your iCloud backup.

Jan 10, 2013 2:03 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok thanks, that makes sence, but when I sync my 5 to the computer NOW, no matter what or when the last back up was, shouldnt my music and apps, etc. that that I see in itunes be sent to my phone? I have synced the iphone with itunes, and nothing changes on my phone. I guess I can reset like you said, but there are a few newer things I will lose. Any ideas??

Jan 10, 2013 5:30 PM in response to Sk8Dreams

Under File, devices, I transferred purchases from my iphone 4, and I see the app in itunes, I also backed it up to icloud (and I'm not quite sure how iTunes and icloud work together, because they are kind of doing the same thing as far as back up) So then when I un-connect the 4 iphone and connect the 5, it syncs automatically, but it's not syncing all the apps and music.

iphone backup problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.