Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thumbnails lost

Some items in the Finder window have lost their thumbnails, and in Coverflow you don´t see any image but only the name. There is no regularity in different windows, and only few objects lose the thumbnails or they are not generated when the file is generated. What can I do do get the thumbnails?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 10 GB

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 9:04 AM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2013 12:04 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hi,

Thanks for helping. It did not help. However, I have detected while checking this that all files with missing thumbnails have been created by using a Canon Scanner 9000F using a software SilverFast 8.

When I open those files with Photoshop and save them as a new file, no thumbnail is generated although all other files generated by Photoshop do have thumbnails. Even files generated by PowerPC Software (e.g. FreeHand) do have proper thumbnails, however, displaying the FreeHand Logo.

Jan 11, 2013 7:16 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi,

I have found the culprit, but no help. All files without thumbnails appearing in the finder window as a hole (invisible) are being generated in this sequence: SilverFast 8 scans an image and is programmed to open Photoshop to further processing that scan. The file created by SilverFast 8 has a thumbnail whereas it is not possible to generate a thumbnail for the file generated by photohop even if you change and save it under a new name.

The hotline of SilverFast told me that the culprit was OS X, I think Apple will tell, I should ask Adobe, and they will tell … Who´s sorry now?

thumbnails lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.