Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using external HDMI projector in "Extended Display" mode, I see a thick yellow bar along the left side...

When using external HDMI projector in "Extended Display" mode, I see a thick yellow bar along the left side. In addition to the yellow bar, the Underscan centerpoint is offset to the right a few inches, thus when the Underscan is set to the correct size, a large portion of the right side of the screen is cut off. The problem is not the projector, as when I use the projector with SEVERAL other devices, including this same iMac in "Mirroring" mode, everything is normal. The only time this projector seems to fail, using the same cord and everything, is when the iMac's display is set to Extended Display Mode.

Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 11:26 AM

5 replies

When using external HDMI projector in "Extended Display" mode, I see a thick yellow bar along the left side...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.