Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to attach another camera to my Mac to shoot live in webinar. Anyone know how to or what best camera is?

I know how to download video to imovie, but I want to be able to shoot live for a webinar. I am now doing this with isight camera, but want to ba able to move the camera, zoom, pan, etc.to get more than just a headshot.I do product demos and need this capability.

Any Mac compatible camcorders or ???

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 2:00 PM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2014 7:53 AM in response to indysooz

indysooz wrote:... want to ba able to move the camera, zoom, pan, etc....

The iGlasses for Mac add-on software may do at least some of what you need.

indysooz wrote: .. Any Mac compatible camcorders or ???

(1) Mac Compatible Webcameras

(2) For camcorders that you want to use to record video directly into iMovie from an external camera, you need a tape-based camera. For more info, see iMovie '11: Record video directly into iMovie, If you already have an old Firewire connected, Mac-compatible, mini-DV tape camcorder, it should work. Your Mac retailer can help you with other available choices and demonstrate that the added equipment will give the capability you need before you buy.

(3) The software you use on your Mac controls all connected cameras. For more info, see this thread: how to override built in iSight camera...

I want to attach another camera to my Mac to shoot live in webinar. Anyone know how to or what best camera is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.