Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have a macbook pro wife has iphone and mac mini problem the itunes account for all itunes is mine but i am unable to use icloud heres is the only sign on fcor icloud alowed i wish to have a differant one and i cant seem to get one

how do i get my own icloud rather than share my wifes it is my itunes account

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 3:44 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2013 4:59 PM in response to Winston Churchill

the apple id is mine and predates her even having a computer of anykind and that does not solve anything that i can see i have to give up my accunt create another and to have one for anything but itunes purchases and then i have to use "hers" which has my credit card and my google email adress neither are hers that ***** think ill give this away and get a cheap windblows

Jan 10, 2013 6:13 PM in response to robomech1

i can sign into itunes just fine but icloud refuses unless i use the tick***@whatever it is i dont want to use that it is her email address understand what i say. itunes robo(etc) is me and is my email adress at gmail icloud tick***.me or coud or whatever is her i do not whish to share all here stuff and i dont want here to share all mine unless it is stuff i wish to share. she has too many pictures and i have too much documents of things uninteresting to her.

Jan 11, 2013 5:51 AM in response to robomech1

but icloud refuses unless i use the tick***@whatever it is i dont want to use that it is her email address understand what i say.

You need her to sign out of your account using the button with sign out written on it.

Then sign in using her account details. If she doesn't have an account, use the create Apple ID link in the set up window.

Jan 12, 2013 7:02 AM in response to robomech1

I'm not really sure what you are expecting. As I understand this, your wife is using your account which uses your email address, you want your own account but you want to use your email and do so without getting your wife to stop using your email address.

That simply can't be done, unless I misunderstand you, your wife needs to be involved in your solution.

have a macbook pro wife has iphone and mac mini problem the itunes account for all itunes is mine but i am unable to use icloud heres is the only sign on fcor icloud alowed i wish to have a differant one and i cant seem to get one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.