Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiger Install Will Not Finish

I have recently received a 2003 iMac, PowerPC, 800MHz. The circular base with floating screen-type model.

There is not an OS installed, so I am attempting to install a fresh version of 10.4; however, everytime I run the installation I get the error: "There were errors install the software" and "Please try installing again". I have not been able to pin point that it fails at the same point on every attempt.

I have tried every option of the installation process and have used Disc Utility and DiskWarrior to help diagnos/fix any HD errors. Everything is fine there.

I have formatted the HD with zeros option several times.

What haven't I thought or tried yet? Is there a reasons I have not considered for why installation would continually fail?

Thank you in advance for any help. This is an amazing looking computer and would love to have it functional again.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:29 PM

If the Tiger install disks you are using originally came with another Mac it won't work, as install disks are machine specific.

7 replies

Jan 11, 2013 3:48 PM in response to Klaus1

Thanks for the post!

Well, I just got off the phone with Apple support, and unfortunately, the representative could not point me in any real direction on how I could get this iMac back working again. Since it is out of support, Apple does not provide any restore/original install discs, even for a fee.

Anyone out there have any other ideas on how I could make this a functional iMac again???

Tiger Install Will Not Finish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.