Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i change the backup intervals on time machine

how do i change the backup intervals on the timemachine? i found one answer that told me to go into system>library>launchdaemons, but i dont have the file com.apple.backupd-auto.plist in the launchdaemons folder to change the second increments. what am i missing and what can i do to change it like others have?

Time capsule-OTHER

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 4:42 PM

4 replies

Jan 10, 2013 7:32 PM in response to LaPastenague

I did have it but I wasn't sure if it was workin or not because I couldn't find a way to physically access the backups to see if they are bein backed up. And because time machine was off I couldn't see that way. I tried turning time machine and accessing but it only showed the last physical backup with timemachine. Did I miss something? You you run timemachine editor?

Jan 25, 2013 9:03 PM in response to Oilfield Dan

Hello Oilfield Dan:

This will change your TIme Capsule backup intervals:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.backupd-auto StartInterval -int 14400 To every four hours. My issue is that when I run this it won't change it.. Still does it every hour.. Do you have any thoughts on WHY this will not change... Even with reboots, resets, poweroff. UNIX should do what you tell it but this is not working. I do not want to use the GUI Time Capsule interval changer. I want to have total control. Does anyone know???? THANK YOU.

how can i change the backup intervals on time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.