Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Fix Podcast Album Art Cache

Recently, my album art for my podcast column in iTunes have started not showing up. I have already tried rebuilding the cache by deleting the folder in: \iTunes\Album Artwork\Cache. I also tried right clicking the podcast and clicking on "Get Album Artwork" with still no luck. Strangely enough, when I sync my podcasts on my iPhone, the artwork shows up perfectly.

Below is a screenshot explaining what I described. The missing artwork can be seen on the left side bar.

User uploaded file

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 12:42 PM

bump.

6 replies

Jan 15, 2013 4:22 AM in response to cy.an

I believe the artwork for a Podcast is fully dependent upon the Podcaster. It has nothing to do with your Music Library albums, so neither deleting the artwork cache nor Get Album Artwork will solve this.

In addition, the artwork for each Podcast Episode is different to the artwork for the Podcast Series, what you see in your iTunes Library is the Podcast Series artwork. But on the iPod you should see both the Podcast Series artwork (on the Podcast header), and the Podcast Episode artwork when the episode is playing. This can be different and has to be assigned by the Podcast's producer for each episode. They can even set different artwork for different times of within an episode.

So the absence of Series artwork in your iTunes Podcast Library could be because the Podcast's producers have not set any, or they haven't set it correctly. I think this can still be the case even if it's the Series artwork that you can see on your iPod. I guess it depends on which epsiode the iPod is using for the Series artwork.

I have discovered, for example, that one of my Podcasts shows Series Artwork in my iTunes Library,but not on my iPod. So the opposite of your experience.

It also may be that you have only just noticed this since the update to iTunes, which now makes the artwork in the Library more obvious with the new layout.

The "solution" is either to accept things as they are, or to contact each show's producers, asking if they can resolve the situation. They may however, think it's not worth their effort.

Apr 18, 2015 9:49 AM in response to the fiend

That may be Apple's explanation but it ignores the reason for the problem. I've been subscribed to several podcasts for over ten years. The Art held for most of the 10. Apple can and has allowed us, their users, to choose the art and iTunes applied that choice to the program interface. Now, as you explain, they've chosen, no doubt for their own convenience, to not allow the user to map the art locally. Your explanation is simply their Excuse not their Reason. The richest g.d. corporation on earth is passing the buck to the podcasters. It's a pathetic sham.

I expect them to maintain my choice and control over my playlists and purchases. Unfortunately with hundreds of billions or $$$ in reserve I doubt the company cares a tinker's **** what I think.

* I note the censor. What prudes limo libs are.

Apr 18, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Richard Laycock

Richard Laycock wrote:

That may be Apple's explanation but it ignores the reason for the problem.

But it is not "Apple's explanation" at all (and I didn't suggest that it was). It's how Podcasting works.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote, in particular the last paragraph: The "solution" is either to accept things as they are, or to contact each show's producers, asking if they can resolve the situation.

How to Fix Podcast Album Art Cache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.