Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 corrupt files for Final Cut Titles,Generators...etc

Hi there,

I am having troubles with motion 5 working with Final Cut Pro X. I am trying to make a title on Motion and 5 and save it go in to Final Cut Pro X, the preview is shown but when I try to scrub over it I seem to be getting a picture on the canvas that is red with a warning sign and cut out title logo. How can I solve this? I got Final Cut Pro from a friend who got it from the app store but gave it to me through a hard drive. but I got Motion 5 my self from the app store.

Thanks Dan

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:30 AM

What are the version numbers of each app?

My guess is that your copy of Motion is newer than whatever version of FCPX your friend gave you and thus incompatible.

5 replies

Feb 26, 2013 8:00 PM in response to MacKing

I'm having the same issue. I just installed Motion 5 and have Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.5. I've run software update and can't find any newer version available. None of the generator templates I'm creating are showing up. I've even tried just sticking nothing but plain text in one, and not doing anything but resaving the copy of another that originated in FCP in another just to make sure it wasn't some novice setting error (it still could be that).

Motion 5 corrupt files for Final Cut Titles,Generators...etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.