Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does itunes play 24/192 music ?

i have a similar problem, do anybody know, if itunes can play 24/192 music files? i mean i have my Imac connected to a pioneer receptor and i would like to know if itunes plays that kind of files or there is just a maximun quality which can be reproduced by itunes?

iMac

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 6:04 PM

5 replies

Jan 11, 2013 12:00 AM in response to BDAqua

im using HDMI. I think that te only way to set on 24/192 music in itunes is going to the midi audio configuration an configure it by your self. Otherwise i have download another player like audirvana , which does this automatically. However the difference between a CD or 16/44 are very low... i think its a waste of space having such a good quality like 24/192.. dont you think so?

does itunes play 24/192 music ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.