Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Producer not accepting my Apple ID and password

I have created an ebook in iBooks Author. I downloaded iTunes Producer. I went through the steps in the Publish dialog of iBooks Author. I submitted a publisher's application to Apple, which was approved.

The approval email said,

"Your application to distribute Book content on the iBookstore has been approved. Next steps include agreeing to contracts and delivering your content. Visit iTunes Connect to set up your account or sign in to get started."

I visited iTunes Connect and signed in with my normal Apple username and password.

Following the steps in the Publish dialog of iBooks Author, I was switched over to iTunes Producer. I get to the screen where I am supposed to sign in with my iTunes Connect account. It asks for my Apple ID and password. I enter in the same Apple ID and password that worked fine for iTunes Connect, but iTunes Producer says:

"There is a problem with your login information. Please click Back and try again"

I only have one Apple ID and password. I do not understand why it is not accepting it.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 9:16 PM

17 replies

Mar 15, 2017 3:07 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

At first it's was working but my mac was not working and after the appel care thing it's don't work anymore i try every thing change my password say a lost it its don't working iTunes producer donc work and i'm, franch i try to get help from appel but fr but they say they don't know why or what to do it's always broken i don't know what to do for my the situation better

Dec 11, 2017 9:40 AM in response to ajwells

I ran into this problem even though I had already signed the agreements and entered all banking info. I even created a new apple ID but same problem. The only thing that worked was going under my Apple ID settings and disabling "two-factor authentication " and replacing that with security questions. After that, my original sign in info worked fine.

Jan 12, 2013 5:23 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

'Apple ID' is a blanket term for a class of logons used across the spectrum of iTunes, store, forums and developer related interactivity.

Paid books use _requires_ a unique and otherwise specifically dedicated logon.

This comes up all the time....and the answer is always the same. Make a new ID for paid books usage that is not the same as your forum or iTunes or Developer logon.

If you don't, you need to contact Apple to straighten things out once you step in the muck...

Jan 13, 2013 10:03 PM in response to K T

Maybe this comes up all the time because Apple designed it in a confusing way. I clicked the Forgot Password link in iTunes Producer. It brings me to a page that for all the world looks like it wants to change my main Apple ID.

https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html

What's more, click Cancel and it says:

An Apple ID is your user name for everything you do with Apple: Shop the iTunes Store, enable iCloud on all your devices, buy from the Apple Online Store, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, access the Apple Support website, and more.

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa?localang=en_US

The only thing the "Forgot Password" page will let me do is create a new ID--it won't display what passweord it already has on file so I can see if it is indeed trying to get me to change my Main ID, but that's what it looks like. I don't want to change my Apple ID because that will cause all sorts of new problems.

Mar 6, 2013 7:19 AM in response to Assisi Catholic College

I am in the same boat.

did everything as expected with my NORMAL apple ID. If I have to change it to something else for iTunesConnect then how do I do that? Its stupid they dont tell you at the begining of the process you have to set up a new account, i don't understand why the system even LETS YOU start the process with an account that is later going to be invalid. I mean, if its an existing account and thats prohibited, why does it work at the beginning when you set it up? Any advice as to what to do now is appreciated.

Mar 17, 2014 12:52 PM in response to gaylemcd

All day yesterday, whenever I tried to do anything on the iTunes Connect website, I hit a "system maintenance" message. Links went nowhere, strange URLs, etc. Today I was actually able to get to Request Contracts and fill in my contract details, and after that, voila, iTuned Producer worked! But I find it really odd that there was a "system maintenance" notification and other pages didn't load at all, and when I contacted customer support, no one knew anything about any system maintenance. So who knows what was going on? Certainly not Apple.

Anyway, my book is waiting review now, so hopefully all will go through smoothly from this point. But, of all the devices I've loaded my ebook onto, iBooks proved the most problematic. Barnes and Noble was a breeze, likewise Kobo. Apple could learn a few things from them.

Mar 17, 2014 5:07 PM in response to Timothy Arends1

Same problem.

I could log on to iTunes Connect via my web browser, but couldn't log on using iTunes Producer. It told me the Apple ID or password were wrong. I continued to have problems after even resetting my password.

WHAT SEEMED TO FIX IT FOR ME:

Finally I logged onto iTunes Connect (https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wo/4.0) via Safari, and set up my Contracts, Tax, and Banking info. Then I retried logging on with iTunes Producer. It worked. It finally accepted my Apple ID and password.

THEORY:

They don't consider Your Apple ID valit for logging onto iTunes Producer untill you have set up your contract and/or banking and/or tax info for your account. This is a theory though. Somone correct me if they are sure I'm wrong. Or if this works for you too, please let us all know!

iTunes Producer not accepting my Apple ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.