Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad imessages are coming up on my husband's iphone. Is that because we share an apple id account. How can we have separate apple id's and still share the same music library.

my ipad imessages are coming up on my husband's iphone. Is that because we share an apple id account. How can we have separate apple id's and still share the same music library.

iPad

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 4:42 PM

An alternative is to just go into Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and add and remove email addresses that receive iMessages on that device. Make sure only your husbands email address is active on his devices and only your email address is active on your devices.

Personally, I would go with the option to use a completely different AppleID based upon a separate email address though. Setup a new AppleID at http://appleid.apple.com/ You can create a free email address with GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any other free email provider.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2018 4:42 PM in response to bobandgus

An alternative is to just go into Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and add and remove email addresses that receive iMessages on that device. Make sure only your husbands email address is active on his devices and only your email address is active on your devices.

Personally, I would go with the option to use a completely different AppleID based upon a separate email address though. Setup a new AppleID at http://appleid.apple.com/ You can create a free email address with GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any other free email provider.

Jan 11, 2013 2:44 AM in response to bobandgus

iMessage use/based on icloud ID, it's not automatically the same like your apple ID/itunes ID. If you use as an example two ID's (one for itunes music, a second for icloud services like iMessages) you may solve your problem.

For me it sounds like you need a new/second apple ID, unbind your existing itunes ID from icloud and rebind the new apple ID to the icloud service. So you can use your "old" apple id for music/itunes store etc. and the new ID for icloud/iMessages/facetime etc.

Jan 11, 2013 3:00 AM in response to ichoderso

The biggest problem I have is with cross texting. My friends send my a imessage on ipad to ipad and it comes up as message on my husband's phone as well as my ipad?

My friends definitely do not want my husband seeing their texts. (and I dont really need him to see my responses either)

Also, apple id is based on my email account, how do I create a new apple id without setting up a new email account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.