Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Still Won't Sync Documents and Data

For about four months I haven't been able to use iCloud's documents and data on my iOS devices. AppleCare have tried to help but I'm still getting nowhere.

If I open an iWork app on my Mac it shows me the files which are stored on iCloud. I can go into Safari, upload or delete a file and it's reflected live in the apps on my Mac. If on my iOS devices I open up, say, Pages and I'm met with the lone "Getting Started" document. I've gone into the iCloud settings and documents and data is on and then checked the settings in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers and they're all set up to use iCloud.

I have toggled these iCloud settings, deleted my iCloud account across the Mac, iPad, and iPhone and the iOS devices are still not showing any of my documents. I've gone as far as resetting my iPhone and iPad to factory settings, restoring the devices and still getting nothing. I even formatted and did a clean install of Mountain Lion on my Mac but still no luck.

If I go to Settings > General > Usage, iCloud > Manage Storage and look at Documents & Data > Pages -- it displays a list of the files up on iCloud. Same with Keynote and Numbers.

The iOS side can see the documents up in iCloud but won't show them in the appropriate iWork apps while the Mac and iCloud sync quite happily. I should say that Calendars, Mail, Reminders – everything but documents and data – work perfectly. Just documents and data. AppleCare had engineers reset my account but still no luck.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 2:32 AM

There are no replies.

iOS Still Won't Sync Documents and Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.