Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I hate itunes match! Want to return to synching - HELP!

Can somepone please give me clear, easy instructions how to disable it, without losing stuff, and return to synching?

imac / macbook pro / iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.7.2), IOS 5

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:00 AM

11 replies

Jan 13, 2013 10:09 AM in response to nf207

nf207 here are some of my complaints. So glad my subscription has expired. iTunes Match was nothing but a headace and a nusiance.

- Play Counts are not counted correctly (if at all), same goes for Last Played info

- Smart playlists don't update

- About a third of my music in the iTunes Store but not purchased there was not matched

- Many songs that were purchaed in the iTunes Store didn't get the sound upgrade to 256k

- 15 of my songs got hung up matching and were still hung up months later and after multiple tries

- No synch management via cord AT ALL with iTunes Match turned on

- it doesn't really stream tracks but downloads them in the background taking up valuabel HD space

- With the update, we lost the ability to download a single song, it's full album or nothing

- Artwork was lost or mismatched on hundreds of tracks

- Even with the service turned off I get a warning most every time I add a song to a playlist that said playlist will be removed from iCloud

I hate itunes match! Want to return to synching - HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.