Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mount network drives in Finder at Mountain Lion startup?

Hi,

I have just migrated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and I am facing an issue with my network drives.

Indeed either I use the system preferences or an applescript to mount them at the OS startup, they never appear in the list of devices in the Finder.

However if I run the applescript once the OS is started, the network drives are well displayed in the devices section of the Finder.

Here is the content of the script:

tell application "Finder"

mount volume "smb://user@IP_address/folder1"

mount volume "smb://user@IP_address/folder2"

end tell

Could you please tell me how can I have my network drives mounted at OS startup and appearing in the Finder under the devices section?

Thanks!

Fabrice.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 7:36 AM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2013 12:02 PM in response to ralkif

1. Try deselecting and then reselecting external disks in the sidebar preferences.

2. If you select the external drive on the desktop, does it then appear in the sidebar?

3. Try dragging the desktop external network to the Finder sidebar and then relauching Finder to see if it will stay there.

My 4 network drives all appear in the sidebar as they did in Snow Leopard, so this isn't a Mountain Lion problem I don't think.

How to mount network drives in Finder at Mountain Lion startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.