Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back-Up EVERYTHING from iPad onto Laptop

Hello all,

Is there anyway to literally backup EVERYTHING from my ipad onto my computer. I had to restore my ipad recently and it didn't have my in-app purchases, progress in various games, other files, contained within apps, etc. I want to be able to literally backup EVVERYTHING, a true complete backup not a partial backup that requires me to go through each app and try to figure out what was there. That effort takes way too long and defeats the purpose of backing up!!

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. This seems to be a gigantic flaw in the OS if it's not fixable.

Thanks

TKR

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 12:48 PM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2013 1:10 PM in response to GrumpyGator

I grabbed the following from the info you sent, and it says what it should do, but it simply does not do it. Whenever I've had to restore my ipad, the in-app purchases and in-app downloads were absolutely nowhere to be found!! I have every single box checked for my itunes (except the photo sync), so this shouldn't be a problem.

Again even though this says it should have the inapp information backed up, that information is not there upon restoration....

Any ideas?? I just spent an hour re-downloading in-app purchases and this is the second time I've had to do it!?!?!?

Thanks

• Contacts* and Contact Favorites (regularly sync contacts to a computer or cloud service such as iCloud to back them up).
  • App Store Application data including in-app purchases (except the Application itself, its tmp and Caches folder).
  • Application settings, preferences, and data, including documents.
  • Autofill for webpages.
  • CalDAV and subscribed calendar accounts.
  • Calendar accounts.
  • Calendar events.
  • Call history.
  • Camera Roll (Photos, screenshots, images saved, and videos taken. Videos greater than 2 GB are backed up with iOS 4.0 and later.)
    Note: For devices without a camera, Camera Roll is called Saved Photos.
  • Game Center account.
  • Home screen arrangement.
  • In-app purchases.

Back-Up EVERYTHING from iPad onto Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.