Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 excess data usage

Hi, we have purchased an iphone 5 plan with telstra for my daughter and in the first 4 days of plan, excess data of 7GB was recorded! I contacted Telstra and they have for a once time only waived the excess charges and data was turned off, no more data was used for month. This month, first day my daughter used 100 mb of 1GB of data allowance! I asked what she was doing and she accessed only afew websites to check when she was working which should be a few kb of data. Data has been turned of again. We are frightened to use internet on iphone 5.

My Samsung Galaxy 2 with Vodaphone I leave data on all the time and look at webites and use a few apps which need to be connected to data and have used in the last 10 days 18mb!

We are taking daughter's phone into telstra and will talk to them about either the phone or their system.

Is there a problem with iPhone 5 or is it Telstra.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 1:16 PM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Yorkes

There are numerous wifi problems with iOS 6. It's possible that your daughter's phone is switching from wifi to cellular and she is not noticing that. Still, that's a lot of data, so there might be something else going on. Search this forum for threads about excess data usage. There's a lot of info. Also, look at the threads listed to the right under "More Like This".

iPhone 5 excess data usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.