Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pb 100 won't recognize itself

Well, all, I'm back again. Can't find my original discussion, so I'm starting at the latest blockade: I got new backup batteries for my PB 100 and hoped for some change in its behavior. It still doesn't seem to know it has a hard disk, although I can hear it spinning. When I boot it with the Disk Aid disk, there's no option for Hard Disk (Switch Disks is dimmed), and when I use Installer 1, it just pops out.

I was hoping that new batteries might make it more self-conscious, but no luck. One of you--AMM?--warned me that it was ominous that it didn't seem to recognize its hard disk.

The local Mac guy is ready to take over, but I surely wish I had more control over this machine! Any ideas now?

Many, many thanks!

Gail

PowerBook, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:09 PM

Gail Zlatnik wrote:

Well, all, I'm back again. Can't find my original discussion,

Really? It's the next one on the list:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4682652

I was hoping that new batteries might make it more self-conscious, but no luck. One of you--AMM?--warned me that it was ominous that it didn't seem to recognize its hard disk.

That was me - "troubling." Yep, it's bad news that the drive doesn't show up even under the installer. It may be toast.

The local Mac guy is ready to take over, but I surely wish I had more control over this machine! Any ideas now?

Nope, I think it's time to call in the cavalry!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2013 5:09 PM in response to Gail Zlatnik

Gail Zlatnik wrote:

Well, all, I'm back again. Can't find my original discussion,

Really? It's the next one on the list:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4682652

That was me - "troubling." Yep, it's bad news that the drive doesn't show up even under the installer. It may be toast.

Nope, I think it's time to call in the cavalry!

pb 100 won't recognize itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.