Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac HD Problem

I recently tried installing Bootcamp on my Early '09 Mac. Some error occured where the disc for whatever reason didn't install properly after like an hour of waiting so I rebooted my computer. After rebooting, I retried the installation process and noticed that there was 150GB missing from Macintosh HD. I don't know how to fix this. Bootcamp HD icon isn't located on my desktop and when I open the install assistant it gives me an option to install it as if nothing ever happened. I'm curious how I should go about fixing this missing hard drive space. Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Early 2009

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 4:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2013 4:14 PM in response to Anddeh

Simply install using Boot Camp Assistant (Applications - Utilities - Boot Camp Assistant) however you will only be able to install Windows 7, Windows 8 is not currently supported by Boot Camp. Some hackers have been able to get Win 8 to install however if you choose that path all bets are off and you're on your own.

BTW there is a Boot Camp forum, that is the forum I'd recommend you post in.

Mac HD Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.