Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security certificate error on Apple's webpage when trying to download iTunes.

I have been trying to install iTunes on my new PC (Windows 7) since Wednesday. I keep getting a security certificate error on the webpage. It says "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate" in IE. In Chrome I get "Error 501 (net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE): Unknown Error". Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to alert Apple?

Thanks!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 4:52 PM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2013 10:02 AM in response to steve8124

Again Apple Software Update behaves OK for me, no certificate warnings there either. I certainly wouldn't recommend trusting the outdated cert. Having spent yesterday fighting an SSL certificate problem of my own I would suspect you're being offered the wrong certificate, either because one of many servers handling a distibuted load hasn't been updated, or because a DNS issue is routing you to the wrong server. Can you view the certificate to see the details? If I open a secure connection to www.apple.com I get this certificate.

User uploaded file

If you can see the serial number of the cert. with a problem I might be able to send that up the line via the forum hosts, otherwise it might be a question of looking for a needle in a haystack.

tt2

Security certificate error on Apple's webpage when trying to download iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.