Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sign into iCloud on iPhone

I'm setting up my new iPhone. My Apple id and sign in works for everything I try to do on the iPhone. But for some reason it is not letting me sign into iCloud. I already have iCloud with my iTunes. When I go on my iMack I am able to sign into iTunes with my apple id. Heck, I'm signed in right now to be on discussion forums. But I can't sign in on iCloud on my iPhone to set it up. I even went and changed my password and successfully signed in on multiple apple apps on my iMac, but I still can not sign in on iCloud on my iPhone to get it associated with my new phone. I'm at a loss.

Thanks,

James

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 8:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2013 10:39 PM in response to James Thomson

I had this solved at the genius store. What was happening: I had an apple id that was old enough that at that time you did not have to express the id as an email address and somehow this was confusing iCloud and it would let me use my own id to append it into an email because it said it was already being used. Somehow, the genius bar went in and reset and veryfied my l same id with email appeneded info and I'm good to go now.

can't sign into iCloud on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.