Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concert level mapping not working

I've tried to make my playback controls work on a concert level so I don't have to reset them to each patch. For instance, I tried setting a button to play but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

MainStage, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 12:07 AM

Hi

Where have you got the Playback plugin(s): Concert, Set or Patch level?

CCT

7 replies

Jan 12, 2013 11:02 AM in response to ShuggProducer

Hi

Where you put the Playback Channel Strips all depends on how you want to work. The basic concept is that at Patch level they will only work in that particular Patch. At Set level they will work throughout that set (with or without additional patches in the same set). At Concert level they are Global.

You may find it useful to make one Set or Patch with the right number of Playback channels, map the Screen controls, then make copies of the Set/Patch and simply swap out the Playback audio files. That way you only have to do the Control mapping once.

You could also save the Set/Patch, for future use.

HTH

CCT

Jan 12, 2013 12:10 PM in response to CCTM

Ahhhhh that's a very creative idea! So you mean make all the playback channels on one patch. Then copy it as many times as there are playback tracks and then delete each one in succession. I will try that but it still seems like more work than I should have to do! I have like 30 something playback tracks for this concert I'm doing. grrrrr apple haha!

Jan 12, 2013 12:53 PM in response to ShuggProducer

Hi

No

Rather, I was thinking:

Create at Set (or possibly at Patch) level (depending on what you need to happen with your Playback tracks and any other Patch channels you might need), as many Playback Channels as you need for ONE song/tune.

Map the Screen Controls to operate Playback

Copy the whole shebang for the next tune, swap out the Playback audio files.... done.... No Screen control mapping required

Rinse and repeat to build the Concert

CCT

Concert level mapping not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.