Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i restore my ipod when the restore fails

I have a 32GB iPod touch, and it's been bricked over a year now. Every time I have tried to start it, it gets stuck in boot loop. I've scoured the net for ways to fix this other than the restore function. Every time I try to restore, it fails with a 1611 error code. I had tried to send it in for warranty repair when it was in warranty, and they promptly sent it back to me, accusing me of submerging it in water because the water exposure indicator was activated... and trust me, I baby my gadgets. If anything, it would have been sweat or condensation. But anyway, with ranting aside, how can I fix this? I feel like I am out of options...

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 10:56 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2013 2:37 AM in response to mattbarber08

Error 1611

This error typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. FollowTroubleshooting security software issues to resolve this issue. In rare cases, this error may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

The phrase "the device may need service" means the iPod has a hardware problem. From the information you provided it appears that you have hardware damage.

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

how can i restore my ipod when the restore fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.