Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yet another iPhone 5 Wifi complaint - psychothereapy

New iPhone 5 - Yippee!!

Updated to iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:52 PM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2013 12:09 AM in response to EveryBitEpic

I hadn't finished typing the post! Page just refreshed and posted!

Anyway, here's the post:

So, new iPhone 5 32GB, iOS 6.0.1 with really bad wifi. Updated to 6.0.2 and now I can't connect to wifi at all, just say unable to connect. I'm using WEP, ive tried all the tricks mentioned in this forum and nothing works at all. 3g is also really bad as is general GSM signal. Phone is constantly in No Service mode. (I'm using my phone as a hotspot now cos I've reset my router and its broken. As can be seen by my bizarre post above, 3G is really bad.

The question is, will iOS 6.1 address these issues? I dont really want to be stuck with a broken phone with everyone saying its software issues while the real problem might be hardware. Any ideas when iOS 6.1 will be released?

Jan 12, 2013 12:20 AM in response to EveryBitEpic

Yes, 6.0.2 is supposed to fix this issue. In my case it only really made things worse. I have tried all those step mentioned. Reset network settings, renewed lease, tried adding network settings manually, set proxy to auto, tried to change security using every combination possible.

I have a 16GB iPhone 5 on 6.0.2 and no problems. iPad 2 on 6.0.1, no problems. MBP, no problems. Sounds like hardware but i'm told to wait for the 6.1 update.

Yet another iPhone 5 Wifi complaint - psychothereapy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.