Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo editors supporting "open in" import?

Is there any photo editor for iPhone that supports importing jpg images through "open in"?

I'm trying to do this from GoodReader, on iPhone 5, but I tried with several image editors and the "open in" box remains empty when I select a jpg on GoodReader

The apps I tried are Photopad, Photoshop Express, Snapseed, Phototoaster Jr, and SimpleResize, but no way the "open in" continues empty for jpgs

Do you know of any photo app that can import with "open in"?

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 5:41 AM

Sorry to reply to myself, but I just found that ArtStudio supports "open in", and also has the minimum set of features I expect from a basic photo editor (painting, color adjustments, filters, selections, and layers), so I'm fine with it.

Not sure if there're other photo apps supporting "open in", though. The App Store should specify what iOS standard features are supported by each app

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2013 5:41 AM in response to cesarpixel

Sorry to reply to myself, but I just found that ArtStudio supports "open in", and also has the minimum set of features I expect from a basic photo editor (painting, color adjustments, filters, selections, and layers), so I'm fine with it.

Not sure if there're other photo apps supporting "open in", though. The App Store should specify what iOS standard features are supported by each app

Photo editors supporting "open in" import?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.