Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone camera resolution

How do you view, manage, and/ or modify resolution settings for the iPhone aa4s camera?

I just discovered that a whole bunch of recent photos are at 640x480, and won't make decent prints. I just did a test photo however and it is 2448 x 3264.

What a bummer. Why is it doing that? I haven't changed anything.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 6:18 AM

7 replies

Jan 12, 2013 8:36 AM in response to lakshsoni

Thankd for your reply. I haven't changed any settings though. It seems to sometimes take photos at 640x480, and sometimes at a higher res. Does the iphone have some inner decision making process or something?

Does it have something to do with flash? It might... because I often turn the flash off for taking photos if they are indoors.

Jan 12, 2013 8:58 AM in response to lakshsoni

Ok yup that's what it is. I just checked the last 100 photos I took over the holidays (don't ask), and all the ones using iSight have a resolution of 640x480, and all the regular outward facing shots are the high res 2448x3264.

In my ignorance I assumed each camera was basically the same thing but it appears the iSight is a completely different product, in fact a webcam. Did not know that.

Thank you.

iPhone camera resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.