Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"We could not complete your App Store request"

Since a few weeks App Store runs into the same errors after every start. See the Screen shots.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

The first error after the start says "One moment please. Connecting to the iTunes Store. Loading ...". Then nothing happens. When I click to the "Updates" or any other button the second error message appears: "We could not complete your App Store request. The App Store is temporarily unavailable".

I switched off the firewall and virus scanner but w/o effect.

When I log in to another user App Store works as expected and starts normaly.

How can this error be fixed?

Thanks and best regards.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 6:46 AM

11 replies

Mar 7, 2014 3:24 AM in response to Schnick Schnack

I had the same issue earlier and found what was causing it.

I removed my external HDDs, usb devices then restarted osx logged back in and I was able to check my appstore updates.

Ive read an issue earlier about spotlight and indexing affects appstore in some way and realized I had an HDD in NTFS which I thought was not indexed by spotlight since its "read only".

I hope this info helps 🙂.

"We could not complete your App Store request"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.