Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clean installing mountain lion while keeping snow leopard?

Hello, I have a question...

I newly buy an SSD and at the same time I am thinking to upgrading to Mountain Lion... My operating system is snow leopard now.

I am thinking to download Mountain Lion and make a bootable flash disk. Then cleanly install it to the SSD. I dont want to touch my Macintosh HD... I am not a good technician... is it possible? I am doing this becuase if I dont like performance of mountaion lion, I will re-install the snow leopard to SSD... is it possible? Or After I boot from SSD, will I able to boot from again Macintosh HD (Snow leopard)??

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:11 AM

When asked which drive or partition you want to install Mountain Lion to, pick one other than the partition containing Snow Leopard. The installer won't be deleted from the drive if the installation is done this way; it also won't interfere with the ability to boot Snow Leopard.

(74248)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Uygirs

When asked which drive or partition you want to install Mountain Lion to, pick one other than the partition containing Snow Leopard. The installer won't be deleted from the drive if the installation is done this way; it also won't interfere with the ability to boot Snow Leopard.

(74248)

clean installing mountain lion while keeping snow leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.