Skip navigation

Moved to another country

410 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 2:26 AM by jchezza RSS
nyberroithur Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 12, 2013 7:40 AM

... but I still have an active itunes match subscription (until Nov 2013) and I cannot change the country unless I cancel itunes match.

Is there no way to continue/keep exising itunes match whilst changing the country???? This is really not user friendly.

• Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,140 points)
    Jan 12, 2013 10:02 AM (in response to nyberroithur)

No. The iTunes Match service is tied to the Apple ID and original regional store. To change you will have to contact iTunes Store support to have them cancel it. You will then be able to subscribe to the service at the new store.

• Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,140 points)
    Jan 14, 2013 12:25 AM (in response to nyberroithur)

nyberroithur wrote:

In  globalized world where people move regularly from one country to another, I find this very stupid from Apple.

This is not entirely within Apple's control. There are local and regional laws which Apple must follow. You need to get lobbying the law makers in the countries to change the laws. Then Apple will be able to offer "one store to rule them all." Heh.

• jchezza Calculating status...
    Feb 1, 2013 1:50 PM (in response to Michael Allbritton)

As individuals we do not have the same corporate lobbying power that Apple must have globally. Why don't Apple lobby on behalf of all their customers? Surely we're paying for it anyway?

I have dual residency in the US and UK yet can't access both Apple markets simultaneously for Apps, iTunes, Match etc... it's disappointing and really frustrating in the globalized 21st Century.

Apple are supposed to be pushing the boundaries of technology yet not making a global stand on this front is simply driving consumers to VPNs, torrents, and dare I say it, Google!

• jchezza Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 2, 2013 2:26 AM (in response to nyberroithur)

I agree with you enitrely... I don't want "1 store to rule them all" either. And I understand that regional differences in laws and fees when it comes to protectecting intellectual property will never allow this to happen anyway.

But the concept of Match is surely embracing globalization and therefore should be above any regional country boundary - the current Apple policy seems somewhat contradictory in this sense. Match effectively blocks my ability to switch between legitimate billing addresses in different countries and ultimately stops me from shopping with iTunes in different regions - annoying to me whilst reducing Apple's bottom line at the end of the day.

All I want to be able to do is have my library available online so I can stream it whenever and wherever... it's stuff I have already purchased anyway, and where I am now and where I bought it from should be irrelevant.

The issue may also have to do with Apple's pricing structure from region to region. Match is $24.99 in the US and around $35 in the UK... bizarre if you ask me! And Google provide this service free of charge which is kind of irksome to loyal Apple customers.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.