Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone won't back up to laptop/iTunes

As of last week I am no longer able to back up my iphone 5 to my Laptop (macbook pro G4 OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion) with iTunes 11.0.1. It gives me the following error message: "iTunes could not back up the iPhone because an error occurred."

I reinstalled itunes. I tuned off all Apps on iphone. I restarted iphone. I restared laptop. Nothing has worked. Itunes sees the phone and begins the back up process but always gives me the error message. BTW I am still able to upload photos into iphoto no problem. Thoughts anyone?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:06 AM

9 replies

Jun 30, 2013 9:01 AM in response to drummerkid2

I had the same issue. Iphone would not sync or backup to my laptop. I tried reinstalling, even to another directory, nothing worked. Then I thought about what software I most recently installed. On a recent trip I installed a Sprint USB Broadband Modem on my laptop. I realized that I had trouble with syncing and backing up my Iphone since that install. I uninstalled the program "Sprint Smartview" and rebooted my laptop. As a result, my syncing and backup functions were restored and Itunes works perfectly. Hope this helps. It was definitely a conflict issue with the Sprint software.

My iphone won't back up to laptop/iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.