Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete one specific contact

I found a double contact in the contacts of my iPhone that I can't delete. It's not in iCloud nor in the contacts of my Mac. When I deactivate iCloud for contacts, all contacts disappear except this one.

When I go to "Edit" and press "Delete contact" it jumps back to the list of contacts and the contact is still there. I can change everything in the contact but I can't delete it.

I even reset my iPhone but when I copy the backup back to the phone - yep, here we go again, mysterious 0-contact.

Any idea how to get rid of this account apart from losing the backup and build it up from scratch?

What might help: When I switched from my old 3GS to the new iPhone 5, I suddenly had local and iCloud contacts in the contacts app of my Mac. To get rid of this parallel presentation, I deleted all my contacts in iCloud and removed the iCloud card from all my contacts. After that, I synced it again with iCloud and it looked good - except that there was one double entry now.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, 32 GB Black

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 1:48 AM

Since there's apparently no solution to this, I setup my iPhone as new. A bit annoying, but the mistery contact is gone.

2 replies

Feb 11, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Strulf

the same happened to me, but even when i setup as a new phone the ******* contact comes back, even when i don't sync with icloud. it is stuck on my apple account somehow. i deleted the contact from the icloud account, google contacts, and still when i reactivate any of this services the contact comes back (and this time duplicated). annoying.

Can't delete one specific contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.