Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instruments are so quiet!!

I have an iPad 3rd generation and I downloaded Garageband. But I couldn't understand something.

For example sometimes the drums sound louder, sometimes they sound quieter. I didn't understand why. Is it because of how I push?

And what makes me mad is the grand piano is so quiet. I can't hear it. Help

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 12:20 PM

You can adjust the touch sensitity of the keyboard: Then the volume will depend on how hard you touch the screen: From the GarageBand help: (http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/1.2/index.html#chs39282dbe)

Adjust the touch sensitivity of the keys:

Increasing the touch sensitivity makes notes sound louder or softer depending on how hard you tap the keys.

• Tap the Keyboard button User uploaded file , and turn Velocity on.
  • Pinch the two ends of the Velocity bar apart to increase the sensitivity range, or pinch them together to decrease the range.
  • Drag the Velocity bar up or down to move the sensitivity range. This is particularly useful after pinching the ends closer together to limit sensitivity to a narrow range.

The same goes for the drums. If you do not want touch sensitivity, turn "Velocity" off.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2013 12:20 PM in response to margencolva

You can adjust the touch sensitity of the keyboard: Then the volume will depend on how hard you touch the screen: From the GarageBand help: (http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/1.2/index.html#chs39282dbe)

Adjust the touch sensitivity of the keys:

Increasing the touch sensitivity makes notes sound louder or softer depending on how hard you tap the keys.

• Tap the Keyboard button User uploaded file , and turn Velocity on.
  • Pinch the two ends of the Velocity bar apart to increase the sensitivity range, or pinch them together to decrease the range.
  • Drag the Velocity bar up or down to move the sensitivity range. This is particularly useful after pinching the ends closer together to limit sensitivity to a narrow range.

The same goes for the drums. If you do not want touch sensitivity, turn "Velocity" off.

Regards

Léonie

Instruments are so quiet!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.