Skip navigation

Instruments are so quiet!!

261 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:24 PM by margencolva RSS
margencolva Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 12, 2013 11:56 AM

I have an iPad 3rd generation and I downloaded Garageband. But I couldn't understand something.

For example sometimes the drums sound louder, sometimes they sound quieter. I didn't understand why. Is it because of how I push?

And what makes me mad is the grand piano is so quiet. I can't hear it. Help

iPad, iOS 6.0.1
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,550 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2013 12:20 PM (in response to margencolva)

You can adjust the touch sensitity of the keyboard: Then the volume will depend on how hard you touch the screen:  From the GarageBand help: (http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/1.2/index.html#chs39282dbe)

Adjust the touch sensitivity of the keys:

Increasing the touch sensitivity makes notes sound louder or softer depending on how hard you tap the keys.

• Tap the Keyboard button IL_KeyboardControls.png , and turn Velocity on.
    • Pinch the two ends of the Velocity bar apart to increase the sensitivity range, or pinch them together to decrease the range.
    • Drag the Velocity bar up or down to move the sensitivity range. This is particularly useful after pinching the ends closer together to limit sensitivity to a narrow range.

The same goes for the drums. If you do not want touch sensitivity, turn "Velocity" off.

Regards

Léonie

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.