Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing problem when importing XML from Premiere to FCP

I moved from FCP to Premiere about a month back by exporting an XML.

I edited in Premiere for about a month, then decided to switch back to final cut.

However, now, when I try to import my XML back into final cut,

all of my audio that was recorded separately is out of sync.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the audio being a 30fps framerate and the video at 24 fps.

The audio that is married to the video transferred fine, it's just the audio that I recorded

with the H4N Recorder and synced in post. I never had a problem with this audio in either FCP or Premiere,

but now when I import the xml, this audio has a green line at the top and is out of sync.

Since this is the majority what I have edited, it's not feasible to fix it by hand.

I tried to change the framerate to 24 fps in the xml document,

according to this tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/3

But that didn't fix the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm working with ProRes422, 24fps sequences.

Please help!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 12:13 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2014 7:45 AM in response to maven3

I had this same problem today, trying to get an XML from Premiere Pro CC into FCP 7, because I'm still getting used to Premiere and the project's deadline is later today so I just need to edit FAST. I never actually found a solution to the XML problem, but I figured out a workaround.

FCP handles the video portion of the XML premiere makes fine, but for some reason the audio was way out of sync on every computer I tried importing it on. I ended up just exporting an OMF of all of the audio tracks and then importing it into FCP into a separate sequence using Automatic Duck (which is free now!). The omf spit all of the audio segments back into FCP in the right place, without levels or other automations, but it beat's re-syncing the audio by hand. I just copied and pasted all of the clips into the other timeline, into sync.

....I miss FCP, guys...

Hope this helps someone frantically searching forums in the future...

Aug 17, 2015 12:57 PM in response to screwtape

Wow, I can't believe I finally found a forum dedicated to this issue. I know it's been more than a year since you talked about this, but maybe you'll be able to help me out. I have a very similar problem, but not exactly the same. Basically, when I transfer the XML file I created via Adobe Premiere into FCP 7, everything transfers fine except the audio that is linked to the video. I have two audio channels, one exterior recorded with zoom, and the other a lav connected to the camera. The zoom sounds fine except that it is out of sync. But the lav is not even audible. All I get is this loud hissing sound like a broken TV or a radio static. It's so bizarre! I've been searching the internet for days to resolve this issue, but haven't found a solution yet. Please let me know if you think you can help. Thanks so much!

Syncing problem when importing XML from Premiere to FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.